Want to be part of our virtual family? Keep reading to find out how...
Position: Operations Associate
Hours: The position is flexible and hours will be determined on a contractor-by-contractor basis
Location: This position is 100% virtual. Associate to provide his/her own location.
Start Date: Immediate
Note: Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
VPG specializes in providing back office and administrative solutions to the financial services community. We customize our solutions to the needs of our advisors. We offer a wide range of services and advisors pick and choose which services best fit their needs.
What we are looking for in someone:
- Independent, self-motivated individual to work virtually
- Has a solid understanding of the financial industry and be comfortable with industry terms.
- Be technically savvy
- Intermediate understanding of MS Office (especially Word, Excel and Outlook 2007+)
- Excellent phone skills: clear, friendly and professional
- Excellent customer service skills
- Diligent and efficient
- Honest, friendly and professional
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Great at following up on tasks
- Previous or current experience working in operations for an RIA firm or Custodian back office support
- 1-2 years of experience working with one of these custodians: Charles Schwab, TD Ameritrade, and Fidelity
- 1-2 years of experience with industry standard software: CRM, Document Management Software, Portfolio Management Software
A brief summary of what you would do:
The position is highly flexible and dependent on the needs of the advisor. Below is a list of tasks common to the position, but the position is not solely limited to this list.
- New accounts and transfer processes
- Account Maintenance (distributions, contributions, RMD's, Scheduled Withdrawals, address changes, etc.)
- Confirming Trades
- Reviewing and completing tasks in our CRM
- Maintaining contacts in CRM
- Preparing Quarterly Reports
- Creating client invoices for advisors
- Processing client statements
- Create, maintain procedures for your position
- Answer phone calls professionally and friendly
- See our service list for other potential tasks
- Applicant values high-level client service
- 2+ years of Operations Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with new technology
- Comfortable working in a virtual environment
- Must be flexible, as daily tasks will evolve over time
Initial Daily Tasks:
- Communicate with vendors
- Communicate with custodians
- Communicate with clients
- Hold calls with advisors
Who you will be working with:
- Registered Investment Advisors and their staff (if applicable)
- VPG President
- VPG Team Members
- You set your own hours but need to have availability during normal business hours to provide services to clients and advisors.
- Cover Letter
- Introduction Video (optional)
Interviews will be scheduled as applications are received and reviewed.